Application to March, Ride or Drive
This application is intended to provide Atlanta St. Patrick’s Parade, Inc. with the information necessary to choose the most appropriate units for the parade. We regret that since the parade length must be limited, not all applicants can be selected. Therefore, we hope that you will provide as complete a description as possible, so that we may have every opportunity to consider your unit’s merits. Decisions of Atlanta St. Patrick’s Parade, Inc. are final and are not subject to review by any other body.
By submitting this application form I acknowledge I have read the Parade Rules & Regulations shown below and if selected to march, agree to be bound by them and any other regulations adopted by the organizers…
Atlanta St. Patrick’s Parade, Inc. reserves the right to refuse entry into the parade of any signs, symbols or activities that it considers to be in poor taste or in any way objectionable. To be certain that the signs, symbols, or activities you intend to display are acceptable, you may want to secure the approval of Atlanta St. Patrick’s Parade, Inc. in advance.
Dignity will be preserved by the enforcement of all rules and regulations as outlined herein, and officials will be strict in their interpretation thereof.
1. There will be no objects thrown into the crowd from floats or other vehicles. All objects must be passed out by marchers walking along the edges of the crowd. This is a safety issue enforced by the Atlanta Police Department as well as Atlanta St. Patrick’s Parade, Inc.
2. Participant acknowledges the risk of bodily injury and/or property damage inherent in the operation of a parade. As such, participant accepts all consequences resulting from bodily injury and/ or property damage and waives any potential recourse against the parade operators, sponsors or any other affiliated entities.
3. THE CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES OR THE DISTRIBUTION THEREOF IN THE PARADE MARSHALING AREA OR ALONG THE PARADE ROUTE BY ANY PARTICIPANTS IS STRICTLY & ABSOLUTELY PROHIBITED. VIOLATION OF THIS PROVISION IN ANY FORM OR DEGREE WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE REMOVAL OF THE ENTIRE UNIT NO MATTER WHAT POINT IN THE LINE-UP OR PARADE – NO FEES WILL BE RETURNED – NO EXCEPTIONS.
4. Unless specific consent of Atlanta St. Patrick’s Parade, Inc. is given, no entry or routine will be allowed to slow or stop the forward progress of the parade.
5. No offensive or lewd presentation or representation will be allowed. Any inappropriate or improper dress, conduct or behavior will not be tolerated. Exhibits and music must not be in bad taste or otherwise arranged so as to cause harm or give offense to spectators or other participants in the Parade.
6. Provisions must be made for animal waste collection before and during the parade.
Decisions on the application and interpretation of these rules and regulations are in the exclusive purview of the directors of Atlanta St. Patrick’s Parade, Inc.
Parade participants who are accepted will receive an email with more information approximately one month before the parade date.